Nominations close at midnight on Friday June 1, 2018.
Applications close at midnight on Friday, June 15, 2018.
Small businesses must have a regional or head office located in Calgary to qualify (this does not apply to the Indigenous Entrepreneurship Award where businesses must be located in Southern Alberta).
No, different award categories have different award specific questions that need to be answered. However, you can leave a simple note in the general fields to "see previous applications" and we will make sure to merge the applications.
I have applied in past years, can I still apply?
Yes, if you have not received an award for the category you are applying for we'd love to have you apply again!
Do I need to be nominated to apply?
No, nominations are meant to bring awareness of the awards to deserving small businesses by happy customers or partners.
Does this cost my anything?
Do I have to apply online?
No, you can apply offline with a traditional paper application. Please contact us at 403 750 0425 or SBWYYC@CalgaryChamber.com for a paper application.
I can't apply for the Hometown Hero Award, why not?
This award is like a lifetime achievement award for businesses and is chosen based on a committee decision.
KPMG People's Choice Award
The KPMG People’s Choice Award is presented to the Calgary small business that can demonstrate they have engaged the loyal support of their community. As the only Small Business Week Calgary Award determined by public vote, this small business must show that their community thinks they go above and beyond.
Successful businesses are those that will engage their audiences, use innovative marketing to drive votes, and generally hustle to win. If that sounds like you, go for it!
- To win this award, applicants must gather as many votes as possible during the voting period
Business Application Terms & Conditions
- All finalists' company's names and logos may be used to promote Small Business Week Awards.
- Businesses must be registered and located in Calgary for consideration.
- A business does not need to be a member of the Calgary Chamber in order to apply or to win.
- Small businesses are businesses with less than 100 employees.
- In order to be considered for the Small Business of the Year Award additional detailed financial business snapshot information and reports may be required. This information is required and collected for the use of the selection committee for comparison purposes. All business and financial information gathered for this purpose is confidential and will be held in confidence by the Calgary Chamber and its Small Business Award Committee. All information will be destroyed when adjudication is complete.
- Finalist companies and their owners authorize the release and use of their name, business name, likeness and photographs, including video or other forms of media, which may be taken in recording of their connection with the Calgary Chamber Small Business Week Awards. Finalist companies agree to participate in media interviews, business interviews and may be requested to release financial data to explain their business success.
- If you have any questions about any of this information or award categories please contact email@example.com