Nominations close at midnight on Tuesday April 30, 2019.
Applications close at midnight on Friday, May 10, 2019.
Small businesses must have a regional or head office located in Calgary to qualify.
No, different award categories have different award specific questions that need to be answered. However, you can leave a simple note in the general fields to "see previous applications" and we will make sure to merge the applications.
I have applied in past years, can I still apply?
Yes, if you have not received an award for the category you are applying for we'd love to have you apply again!
Do I need to be nominated to apply?
No, nominations are meant to bring awareness of the awards to deserving small businesses by happy customers or partners.
Does this cost me anything?
Do I have to apply online?
No, you can apply offline with a traditional paper application. Please contact us at 403 750 0425 or SBWYYC@CalgaryChamber.com for a paper application.
Presented by Servus Credit Union
The Innovation Award is presented to the Calgary small business that is pushing conventional boundaries, and is disrupting and reshaping their industry through groundbreaking achievements in bringing innovation to market. This could be done in the following ways: a creative business concept that brings innovation to market, product creation or an innovative approach that improves productivity or work processes.
Pro-tip: Download this Word document to draft your application before applying.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet the general Small Business Week Awards criteria
- Must be a small business (Fewer than 100 full-time equivalent paid employees)
- Situated in Calgary (or at least head office)
- Been in business for at least 12 months (excluding Emerging Growth Award which applicants can be in business for less than 1 year)
- Complete the full application below
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Innovation Concept (40%)
- Uniqueness, value and viability
- Results (40%)
- Successful commercialization or quantifiable impact of innovation
- Demonstrates how innovation has had a substantial impact by disrupting or reshaping an industry
- Demonstrates how the innovation is contributing to company growth and creating a competitive advantage
- Business Model (20%)
- A strong business concept that shows plans for future growth and viability over the long term
Business Application Terms & Conditions
- All finalists' company's names and logos may be used to promote Small Business Week Awards.
- Businesses must be registered and located in Calgary for consideration.
- A business does not need to be a member of the Calgary Chamber in order to apply or to win.
- Small businesses are businesses with less than 100 employees.
- In order to be considered for the Small Business of the Year Award additional detailed financial business snapshot information and reports may be required. This information is required and collected for the use of the selection committee for comparison purposes. All business and financial information gathered for this purpose is confidential and will be held in confidence by the Calgary Chamber and its Small Business Award Committee. All information will be destroyed when adjudication is complete.
- Finalist companies and their owners authorize the release and use of their name, business name, likeness and photographs, including video or other forms of media, which may be taken in recording of their connection with the Calgary Chamber Small Business Week Awards. Finalist companies agree to participate in media interviews, business interviews and may be requested to release financial data to explain their business success.
- If you have any questions about any of this information or award categories please contact email@example.com