Nominations close at midnight on Tuesday April 30, 2019.
Applications close at midnight on Friday, May 10, 2019.
Small businesses must have a regional or head office located in Calgary to qualify.
No, different award categories have different award specific questions that need to be answered. However, you can leave a simple note in the general fields to "see previous applications" and we will make sure to merge the applications.
I have applied in past years, can I still apply?
Yes, if you have not received an award for the category you are applying for we'd love to have you apply again!
Do I need to be nominated to apply?
No, nominations are meant to bring awareness of the awards to deserving small businesses by happy customers or partners.
Does this cost me anything?
Do I have to apply online?
No, you can apply offline with a traditional paper application. Please contact us at 403 750 0425 or SBWYYC@CalgaryChamber.com for a paper application.
Company Culture Award
Presented by Elevated HR
The company culture award is present to a company leading the way in employee engagement, satisfaction and retention. Proving to be an industry leader in company culture, this business is innovative in the way it attracts and retains employees, demonstrating it is leading the way in company culture.
Pro-tip: Download this Word document to draft your application before applying.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet the general Small Business Week Awards criteria
- Must be a small business (Fewer than 100 full-time equivalent paid employees)
- Situated in Calgary (or at least head office)
- Been in business for at least 12 months (excluding the Emerging Growth Award which applicants can be in business for less than 1 year)
- Allow the judging committee to do an onsite tour of your business
- Complete the full application below
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Culture Performance (50%)
- ability to highlight strong culture
- Employee turnover rate
- Employee satisfaction
- Employee compensation model
- Business Model (30%)
- A strong business concept that shows plans for future growth and incorporates employee feedback and suggestions
- Industry Leadership (20%)
- How do you standout in creating a unique culture for employees?
- Why do employees enjoy coming to work?
- What is different about your culture?
- Judges will perform an onsite visit to the finalist to help get a sense of the culture.
- Applicants who do not fill out the full application, or do not provide financials and a business plan/concept will not be considered for this award.
Business Application Terms & Conditions
- All finalists' company's names and logos may be used to promote Small Business Week Awards.
- Businesses must be registered and located in Calgary for consideration.
- A business does not need to be a member of the Calgary Chamber in order to apply or to win.
- Small businesses are businesses with less than 100 employees.
- In order to be considered for the Small Business of the Year Award additional detailed financial business snapshot information and reports may be required. This information is required and collected for the use of the selection committee for comparison purposes. All business and financial information gathered for this purpose is confidential and will be held in confidence by the Calgary Chamber and its Small Business Award Committee. All information will be destroyed when adjudication is complete.
- Finalist companies and their owners authorize the release and use of their name, business name, likeness and photographs, including video or other forms of media, which may be taken in recording of their connection with the Calgary Chamber Small Business Week Awards. Finalist companies agree to participate in media interviews, business interviews and may be requested to release financial data to explain their business success.
- If you have any questions about any of this information or award categories please contact email@example.com